This notice is to help you understand how and why we collect personal information about you and what we do with that information. It also explains the decisions that you can make about your own information.
Why do we collect and use personal information?
We use the data:
- to book participants on to training courses and send out booking information and training material.
- to book participants on to subject network meetings and send out agendas and meeting minutes.
- to produce session registers and evaluation forms
- to send billing information and invoices for courses attended where a charge is incurred.
- to communicate marketing information about upcoming training courses.
- to comply with the law regarding data sharing.
The categories of information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as participant name, participant email address , school name, school address, school phone number, school bursar name, bursar email address, payment method, special information and dietary requirements.)
- Personal information (such as date of birth, school URN number, Teacher TRN number and subject taught are needed for funded courses)
- Attendance information (such as sessions attended, absences)
- Evaluation information
The lawful basis on which we use this information
The lawful basis on which we collect and use information is:
- In order to carry out our public interest duties from Article 6 from the GDPR – May 2018
- To carry out the obligations of and legitimate interests of the school under Article 9 from the GDPR – May 2018
In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, we must advise you that the majority of information you provide to us is mandatory, however, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis (such as completing course evaluation forms) and this is indicated at the time of collection but is used only for quality assurance purposes.
We hold data for up 1 year after training has taken place, course registers are deleted from our servers at the end of each academic year.
Who do we share your information with?
We routinely share information with:
- The Department for Education (DfE) - please see below
- Leadership Live
- Northampton Teaching School Partners
- Tapiochre – website developers and online booking provider
- The Northamptonshire Teaching School Hub
Why we share information
We do not share information with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so. We share participants’ data with external training providers and the Department for Education (DfE) on a statutory basis.
The DfE has robust processes in place to ensure the confidentiality of our data is maintained and there are stringent controls in place regarding access and use of the data. Decisions on whether DfE releases data to third parties are subject to a strict approval process and based on a detailed assessment of:
- who is requesting the data
- the purpose for which it is required
- the level and sensitivity of data requested: and
- the arrangements in place to store and handle the data
To be granted access to trainee information, organisations must comply with strict terms and conditions covering the confidentiality and handling of the data, security arrangements and retention and use of the data.
If you have given consent as part of your consent choice on booking your conference place we will share the following information with our event sponsors;
- Email address
- School name
NHS Test and Trace
To prevent the spread of coronavirus we will support the NHS Test and trace service.
If we are contacted by the NHS test and trace service we will share contact details of anyone that has attended the GUTP building for the time period requested so they too can be notified by the test and trace service.
This sharing of information is permissible under current law and is in line with data protection guidance covering schools.
If you do not want to share your contact details please be aware this may prevent you from attending the meeting or training.
For more information about the department’s data sharing process, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/data-protection-how-we-collect-and-share-research-data
To contact DfE: https://www.gov.uk/contact-dfe
Our online booking system is run by web developers Tapiochre
Participant’s data of leadership training is shared with Olevi
Participant’s data of leadership training is shared with leadership Live
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your record, contact Mrs Ruth Scott – Training School Manager in the first instance
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or our Data protection Officer at Warwickshire County Council (details below) or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact: