SWAN Teaching School Alliance aims to:
- be part of a school-led system that enhances teaching and learning and supports the delivery of improved outcomes for children.
- be a trusted provider of outstanding professional development for schools within our area.
- play a significant role in the recruitment and training of new entrants to the teaching profession through our involvement in high quality initial teacher education.
- broker and provide school to school support to ensure that schools within and beyond the Alliance can be strong and successful organisations meeting the needs within their own context.
- engage in research and development activities that contribute to a more evidence based approach to school improvement.
- provide and broker leadership development opportunities for staff within and beyond the Alliance to develop their leadership skills, experience and confidence.
- maintain and further develop partnership links with primary, secondary and special schools, teaching schools, universities and other educational organisations.
SWAN Teaching School has developed a network of partners and offer a Service Level Agreement. The content of the offer is varied each year and is driven by the schools within the SLA so the programme directly meets local schools’ needs. There are two programmes one for Primary and one for secondary.