Sponne School PFA
Sponne School PFA exists to raise funds for the school to purchase items for the direct benefit of students. The Committee is made up of a mix of parents and school staff which helps to ensure good communication between fund raising activities and funding requests. The School Council are also involved in helping decide what the students need in terms of projects and equipment. It’s a great way of getting more involved in school life and getting to know people!
Our next meeting date will be Monday 24th September at 7pm in the LRC. All welcome!
We now have a facebook page Sponne PFA – please like it to be kept up to date with news and dates. Please share this news!
Why not join our monthly Treasure Trove prize draw? With only a £12 annual donation you are in with a chance of winning a cash prize every month – last chance to buy this year is on TSCO until the end of September!
We are now also registered for Easy Fundraising. Did you know that whenever you buy anything online - from your weekly shop to your annual holiday - you could be raising a free donation for Sponne School? There are nearly 3,000 retailers including Amazon, John Lewis, Aviva, thetrainline and Sainsbury's, who will donate a percentage of the amount you spend to Sponne School to say thank you for shopping with them. We have already raised over £1000 with just 85 signed up supporters, so thanks to those and please consider joining them!
It's really simple, and doesn't cost you anything.
All you have to do is:
- 1. Go to http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/sponneschool
- 2. Sign up for free
- 3. Get shopping - your donations will be collected by easyfundraising and automatically sent to Sponne School. It couldn't be easier and we will be really grateful for your donations!
Donations to the school
- We made a substantial donation of £10,000 towards the purchase of a new school minibus in 2016 which will benefit many students!
- £4500 for a class set of tablets to be stored in the LRC and booked out by any teacher for lessons
- Contributions towards the Geography trip to Uganda and the Music tour
- Equipment for the DT, Photography, MFL, Art and Humanities departments to meet new curriculum demands
- Equipment for the new fitness suite
- Seating around school, as requested by the School Council
We would particularly like to thank employees from SANTANDER and BARCLAYCARD whose match funding has really helped boost our funds. Please do let us know if you work for a company that can either match fund or help sponsor an event, the support is very much appreciated.
If you would like to join the PFA committee or volunteer list, help out an event, or your company can offer some support please contact either